Getting divorced and need to access settlement pending finalisation?
We provide bridging to spouses who are in the process of being divorced.
We can advance up to 50% of the cash portion of the settlement due to the client or a maximum of R200000
- A copy of the signed settlement agreement
- Confirmation from attorneys that they are holding the funds due to the client in their trust ban account
- Confirmation of the court date for the divorce to be made final
- Acceptable letter of understanding from the attorneys
- Signed application/agreement checked to ensure it has been completed and signed correctly
- Credit check on applicant carried out
- Once the above has been received/verified, a fax will be sent to the attorneys requesting they provide us with a letter of understanding (in a format acceptable to us)
- From this point on the same procedure is followed as for equity bridging.